Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Chapter 57

Mind Boggling
By Njeri Mucheru-Oyatta

Chapter 57

Counsellor: Njeri, you cannot be alone in life. You need to belong somewhere. And writing this book to communicate with others around you and let them know about your life’s experience should be sufficient proof of that.

Njeri: I suppose so.

Counsellor: Why are you writing this book?

Njeri: I do not believe that this book has become all this stuff that it has become. Honestly, I meant to write a column for my rotary club magazine. But once my fingers hit the keyboard and started on chapter one, I found myself writing and writing and writing and then I thought that I had to tell someone about what I was writing because the revelations I was experiencing were mind boggling!

Counsellor: You wanted to share your experience with others. Why not just keep them to yourself?

Njeri: Because I did not think that the revelations were coming from me. I actually felt like I was being inspired to write for a purpose. I also read the book every now and then as I write and I am amazed by how interesting it is even to me.

Counsellor: Have you thought about what the purpose of your writing really is to you?

Njeri: I think it is to share my gift of simplifying the complications of life. That’s all. I do not expect anyone to believe in what am writing. It is just my opinion and some of it is intended purely to entertain and challenge. Its is also something that wont die with me!

Counsellor: So you do not want to be the perfect daughter in God’s eyes? I thought you wanted to be the most invincible of the invincibles in Heaven?

Njeri: Ha! You want to trap me!

Counsellor: No, I want to free you.

Njeri: From what?

Counsellor: Your fear of the unknown.

Njeri: Mmm?

Counsellor: Are you afraid of being the perfect daughter in God’s eyes?

Njeri: No, I would love that. My problem is what it takes to become that!

Counsellor: Do you know what it takes to become the perfect daughter in God’s eyes? You do not seem ready to even consider that question. You are resisting it even before you think about it. Like the forgiveness issue.

Njeri: No. Am not resisting it. I just don’t think that I need to be the perfect daughter in God’s eyes. Why can’t I just be me and try to make the best of me? God’s standards are too high for me. I am just a human being!

Counsellor: Do you want to go to Heaven?

Njeri: Of course. Who doesn’t?!

Counsellor: So if God appeared to you here and now and stretched out His hand for you to take and go to Heaven, would you go?

Njeri: Definitely, without a second thought.

Counsellor: Be honest Njeri, you would leave your daughter and your husband and your law firm and your brothers and your sisters, and your nieces, and your nephews and your mother and your mum just go to Heaven without a second thought?

Njeri (laughing): I think you are trying to trap me. You know that material things mean nothing to me, but the people in my life are priceless!

Counsellor: No, I want to free you.

Njeri: From what?

Counsellor: From the things of this world that you are attached to. You do not realize that going to Heaven is the only way you will find happiness, satisfaction and contentment. It is the place where you will find your ‘missing something’. The one that started you writing. The love you feel for the people here on earth is nothing compared to what you will feel in Heaven. And, by getting yourself to Heaven, you will free your loved ones who are connected to you.

Njeri: I don’t know what to say.

Counsellor: Lets take a break.

No comments: