Monday, January 14, 2008

Chapter 82

Mind Boggling
By Njeri Mucheru-Oyatta
Chapter 82

On the same day that I published my peace message, I received an email from someone who rubbished the message because in his view, my message was biased. My name is Njeri so of course, I favour Kibaki! On reading his email, which was not all bad I must say, it dawned on me what has actually been happening to Kikuyus around the country.

Immediately after President Kibaki’s ‘victory’ was declared, the criteria on which his enemies determined who his supporters were was a name, an accent or a tribe. There I was, an ODM supporter to death and someone just assumed that I was a PNU supporter because of my name. Thank goodness the guy was writing an email and not at my home armed with a panga and a box of matches!

I imagine that there must be some Kenyans who lost their lives and property and did not support either Kibaki or Raila as presumed by their assailants and probably did not even vote! How very sad! Even more saddening is that children, who did not vote and were as innocent as innocence itself lost their lives, homes and/or parents.

Do you see why I say that Kenyans are dining with the devil? The ability to victimize or kill someone solely because of his/her SUSPECTED political affiliation on the basis of a name, an accent or a tribe is not even human. Common sense is too good for that. Such an ability requires a blindness that only the devil can inflict. And going by the number of people in Kenya who have developed this ability, there is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that somewhere, in a leadership position in Kenya, the devil is sitting on a throne.

Oh God, the devil is in Kenya. May God use this country as an example of how the devil can be defeated.

No comments: